mdrpi is an undeclared prefix

Lohr, Donald lohrda at jmu.edu
Thu Apr 25 11:00:36 EDT 2019

Setting up a new on-prem SP, when grabbing the IDP metadata file from
IdP server's /idp/pub/ folder, the SP fetch mechanism throws this error:

“Error importing metadata from <path to xml file>: ‘mdrpi’ is an
undeclared prefix. Line 3, position 6.

Looking at our metadata fine in the /idp/pub folder I see the following
mdrpi line:

<mdrpi:RegistrationInfo registrationAuthority="https://incommon.org"/>

I found online one that looks like this:

<mdrpi:RegistrationInfo
xmlns:mdrpi="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:metadata:rpi"
registrationAuthority="https://incommon.org
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__incommon.org&d=DwMFAg&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Pa2DB88IW_s2TyLfktHtWA&m=50MRII9hjJ_7wlVq1KdJPf-OYQ-DyWaIowzVzFHKhv4&s=2_tlquFrKBeoMyoFi8nL5nXR9zalkbeOo8Z2_SEB558&e=>"/>

Is our mdrpi line missing information or am I down the wrong rabbit
trail on this error?

DL

--
D o n a l d   L o h r