SSL Certificate update

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Fri Sep 14 03:55:50 EDT 2018

* Srinu Anumaneni <srinu.ydlp at gmail.com> [2018-09-14 03:59]:
> No need to update provider ssl information at cosumer.

Is that a question? I have no idea what ou want to say here.

> If we need to update ssl certificate where we have to change
> it.

This is not about SSL (as far as I can glean from the messages so
far), it's about the keys in metadata to be used for securing SAML
protocol messages.

(Even if you re-used the same key for SSL and SAML you can leave the
keys in metadata unchanged when renewing the SSL/TLS keys, if you
want.)

> Code developed already by others we are unable to find where to
> update provider ssl certificate on consumer application.

I have no idea what this means. If you're asking where to update the
IDP metadata at the SP then the answer is "in the same place you put
the IDP metadata", likely a local file on the SP.

Are you even running the Shibboleth SP software?

-peter