shibboleth.InterceptFlow - share DB Connection Pooling with Shibboleth via 'global.xml'

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 7 14:38:31 EDT 2018

On 9/7/18, 2:06 PM, "users on behalf of Lionel Samuel" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of lionel.samuel01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are building a shibboleth.InterceptFlow --- is it possible for the plugin (which will be checking for password expiry
> against a DB) -- to share DB connection pooling from 'global.xml'? I wasn't sure how to call out to share the pooling..

Well, I wouldn't do it that way (I would use the attribute resolver to just get the data for you and then use the existing interceptor to check it) but that aside, you don't "call out" to anything, you inject the desired bean into your object to use it (a settable property of type DataSource in this case). And yes, anything named in the global context is visible for injection.

But you don't need to do all that, it's much easier to let the resolver handle it, you're just duplicating effort.