Error encountered when implementing SP SAMLRequest signing="conditional"

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Mon Oct 8 07:27:00 EDT 2018

* Pruvost, Christian (ELS-OXF) <c.pruvost at elsevier.com> [2018-10-08 12:27]:
> We are running a Service Provider with Shibboleth 2.6.0
[...]
> 22:58:38.879(08/29) ERROR XMLTooling.ParserPool : error on line 25, column 273, message: value 'conditional' not in enumeration

Since the docs mention this in a "Version 2.6+" section:
  "The newly-defined "conditional" setting"...
  https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/NativeSPSigningEncryption
are you sure the machine this error comes from is running Shib 2.6 or
higher? Try "shibd -v" on that same system. Also, the version string
should be logged somewhere, IIRC.

-peter