Reverse proxies on IIS

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 1 12:06:27 EDT 2018

On 10/1/18, 12:01 PM, "users on behalf of Wessel, Keith" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of kwessel at illinois.edu> wrote:

> I had them set handlerSSL to false and cookieProps to http, and we're closer. But now the IdP is requesting the authn > request because the endpoint URL has an http scheme instead of https.

You don't do any of that, the SP settings are virtual, not physical.

> Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this in IIS?

Officially, you can't, IIS doesn't support this so people need to stop doing it and run Apache if they need a real web server. Unofficially, that's what the Site element in the SP config and all its ugly settings are for, they virtualize all the values.