Shibboleth SP 2.5.4 Template Attribute Resolver: Unknown plugin type

Michael Nielsen michael.nielsen at cedargate.com
Wed May 30 15:53:17 EDT 2018

I am having trouble getting Shibd to see my Template attribute resolver.

No doubt it's something obvious and I'll be embarrassed but I just can't see the problem.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Relevant parts of the shibboleth2.xml are:

  <OutOfProcess logger="shibd.logger">
    <Extensions>
      <Library path="plugins.so" fatal="false"/>  <-- I have also tried the full path name, but received the same result.  No message about failing to load the plugins.so in the logs
    </Extensions>
  </OutOfProcess>

                <AttributeResolver type="Template" sources="clientIds" dest="clientId">
                        <Template>$clientIds</Template>
                </AttributeResolver>

My shibd.log:
2018-05-30 19:28:16 INFO Shibboleth.AttributeResolver.Chaining : building AttributeResolver of type (Template)...
2018-05-30 19:28:16 ERROR Shibboleth.AttributeResolver.Chaining : caught exception processing embedded AttributeResolver element: Unknown plugin type.