Opensaml Classpath issues

Brent Putman putmanb at georgetown.edu
Mon Mar 26 15:29:14 EDT 2018

FYI, Any followup to comments below should go to the dev list, not the
users list...

On 3/26/18 1:52 PM, Jürgen Weber wrote:

> Looks like -xmltooling-1.3.2-1.jar goes before
> opensaml-core-3.1.1.jar in the webapp classpath.
>

> Is there a less drastic way to solve the problem?

Yes.  You can't mix OpenSAML 2.x and 3.x.  As you have discovered, you
can't have both major versions in your classpath.    Pick one and use
that.  And you should almost certainly pick 3.x, since 2.x was EOLed
nearly 2 years ago.

If you're just getting this via spring-ws-security, then check into
what they're doing.  If *they* are pulling in both, then that's just
wrong.  I don't personally know whether they have upgraded to use 3.x
or not.

FYI, OpenSAML 2.x will be the xmltooling, openws and opensaml2 jars.
3.x will be entirely opensaml-<modulename> jars with 3.x.x version numbers.