yum install failed

Mak, David d.mak at northeastern.edu
Thu Mar 8 15:16:44 EST 2018

Oops... Sorry! I missed that (clearly) and that is indeed a much better, easier work-around... just edit your yum repo as indicated

Our config on one host has the following that works:

cat /etc/yum.repos.d/shibboleth.repo
[security_shibboleth]
# If the mirrors stop working, change download to downloadcontent...
name=Shibboleth (RHEL_6)
type=rpm-md
baseurl=http://downloadcontent.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/shibboleth/RHEL_6/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://downloadcontent.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/shibboleth/RHEL_6/repodata/repomd.xml.key
enabled=1

On 3/8/18, 3:00 PM, "users on behalf of Cantor, Scott" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of cantor.2 at osu.edu> wrote:

    > Just happened to be trying to install shibd on some new instances of RHEL6 and
    > ran into this issue. I’m afraid my workaround is basically to download the RPMs
    > individually and install them via yum/rpm as such:

    Or you can do what we posted as a workaround months ago the last time this happened.