EduPersonTargetedId

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 15 17:30:17 EST 2018

On 1/15/18, 2:52 PM, "users on behalf of Hugo Slavia" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of hugoslavia101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Can we use eduPersonTargetedId as below

Under no circumstances should you do that.

> 2) We have Persistent ID also released as a NameID -- but not all vendors accept NameIDs.

Most require them, and nothing that doesn't would be likely to handle a non-string valued SAML Attribute.

The standard pairwise ID for SAML is a new SAML Attribute that's going through a final round of edits and review early this year. eduPersonTargetedID is dead and persistent NameIDs (and all NameIDs period) are dead. From a best practice perspective anyway.