Message Security Error

David E. Newswanger David_Newswanger at berea.edu
Fri Feb 23 16:55:10 EST 2018

Hey Everyone,

We just added a new SP for an external vendor that we're having some issues with. Login works fine, but when the user logs out they get redirected to the URL listed bellow with the following error message:

url: https://login.berea.edu/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SLO?SAMLRequest=saml_request_data

Web Login Service - Message Security Error
The request cannot be fulfilled because the message received does not meet the security requirements of the login service.

I did some Googling and it sounds like that error can happen when the servers disagree on the time, but we've had that issue before and it showed up in the logs. I don't see anything in the logs for this error. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,

    David Newswanger