Documentation On shib-attr allowed regex?

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Aug 7 11:20:52 EDT 2018

"Bryan K. Walton" <bwalton+1533146256 at leepfrog.com> writes:

>> Try this instead:
>>
>> Require shib-attr carleton-ca-role ~
>> ^.*(FNQM_(ADMIN_CASUAL|ADMIN_CONTINUING|ACAD_CONTINUING|CEJT).*$
>
> Your suggestion of combing the regex into 1 regex seems to have resolved
> the issue.

Looks like your original regexes weren't complicated enough..:)
Seriously, such unexplained success makes me nervous, especially in
security software.  Shouldn't the two approaches behave the same?  Who
else might get access now? (BTW neither checks the boundaries, which is
a common flaw.)

Looks like the regex engine in Xerces-C is totally undocumented.  Scott,
wouldn't it make sense to use a documented regex library instead?
--
Regards,
Feri