[EXTERNAL] RE: SLO with SAML question.

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 23 12:21:20 EDT 2018

> Which I’ve enabled, but still no joy.  I suspect I’m not doing something very
> basic here and don’t know if there’s a better place I should be looking for
> guidence on how to do what I’m trying to do, namely, implement a SAML2
> SLO for a vendor-hosted application.  If there’s a better place, or places, I
> should be looking, or if there are other suggestions, please let me know – as
> always, any assistance is appreciated.

As far as your question is concerned, there are two properties, both noted, trackSPSessions and secondaryServiceIndex. The first is just a given and the second is SAML SLO specific.

If this is the same application, the question is immaterial, the point of my answer is that it's not *doing* SAML logout. Nothing you do is going to change that and you MUST NOT point it at the SAML logout endpoint, it will simply fail.