SP 2.x doesn't respect consistentAddress="false" setting

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Sep 20 10:52:52 EDT 2017

On 9/20/17, 10:41 AM, "users on behalf of Cantor, Scott" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of cantor.2 at osu.edu> wrote:

> Well, that's something else, but I can't debug a loop for somebody else's system. Other than this specific check causing the
> session to invalidate there's nothing else I can think of that would cause a loop.

(By which I mean nothing else that solely arises from setting REMOTE_ADDR since all it does is override the address it sees.)

Loops are generally about URLs not matching and http/https mismatches. Cookie setting and getting isn't inherently IP-based so there's no reason the cookies should drop or not get set, and that's what causes loops.