Metadata for entity <idp server url> and role {urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata}SPSSODescriptor wasn't found

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Thu Nov 9 10:06:22 EST 2017

* Santu Ghosh <mon.snahasish at gmail.com> [2017-11-07 08:23]:
> I am new in Shibboleth. I am facing some problem when try to access
> my IdP server from my SP.

What IDP software are you using? Since the SP is not Shibboleth...

> org.springframework.security.saml.SAMLDiscovery.processDiscoveryRequest(SAMLDiscovery.java:187)

if the IDP isn't Shibboleth either then none of this belong on this list.

> Metadata for entity <idp server url>  and role
> {urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata}SPSSODescriptor wasn't found

An SP wouldn't be looking for the SP Role on an IDP, so I don't
understand the error message. (Probably others here will, though, as
SpringSecurity uses OpenSAML.)

But ignoring the details that probably just means the metadata is
missing or is wrong. (Otherwise I guess it would work.)
-peter