Shibboleth 3.3.1 install on brand new Windows Server

Morris, Andi amorris at cardiffmet.ac.uk
Mon May 8 12:53:00 EDT 2017

> Why put a relative path there?
Because that's what the documentation says to do:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/Jetty93#Jetty93-TemporaryFiles

I can definitely try it with an absolute path however.

Cheers,
Andi

* Morris, Andi <amorris at cardiffmet.ac.uk> [2017-05-08 13:34]:
> the following line is in the /opt/shibbase/start.ini file:
> -Djava.io.tmpdir=tmp

Why put a relative path there?
Avoid any guesswork and set java.io.tmpdir to an absolute path (e.g. /opt/shibbase/tmp or /tmp/jetty or whatever)

> Output of start.log:
>
> StartLog Establishing /opt/shibbase/logs/start.log on Mon May 08
> 12:17:53 BST 2017
> java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
> tmp/start_1679383761014774719.properties

Then make sure the user Jetty runs as can create files in the directory you set above.

-peter