various nameid formats

Ramaiah, Vanna G. ramaiah at musc.edu
Wed Mar 22 13:33:31 EDT 2017

So, for an SP that is requesting uid in nameID , should something like this help if I am using legacy attribute-resolver file?

<resolver:AttributeDefinition id="uidNameId"  xsi:type="ad:Simple" xmlns="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:resolver:ad" sourceAttributeID="sAMAccountName">
  <resolver:Dependency ref="myAD" />

          <resolver:AttributeEncoder xsi:type="SAML2StringNameID"          xmlns="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:attribute:encoder"   nameFormat="urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.5923.1.1.1.6" />
    </resolver:AttributeDefinition>