How shibboleth idp verify existing session.

Divya Shirodkar divya.shirodkar at gslab.com
Tue Mar 21 10:05:30 EDT 2017

Thanks for the reply,

I have added external flow as per this doc(
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/ExternalAuthnConfiguration
)
try {
    final String key =
ExternalAuthentication.startExternalAuthentication(httpRequest);
 //do External Authentication
    String username = httpRequest.getRemoteUser();
    if (username != null) {
        httpRequest.setAttribute(ExternalAuthentication.PRINCIPAL_NAME_KEY,
username);
    }
    ExternalAuthentication.finishExternalAuthentication(key, httpRequest,
httpResponse);

} catch (final ExternalAuthenticationException e) {
    throw new ServletException("Error processing external authentication
request", e);
}
and my idp.properties file is having idp.authn.flow= Password|CustomFlow
and am able to do authentication via CustomFlow and till here everything
works fine.
Later when I hit another SP for the same flow(CustomFlow), it is asking for
credential rather then re-authentication internally.

So, basically I just want to know am I missing anything over here or do I
need to set anymore attributes before