Problem starting SP

rwestmacott rwestmacott at bccampus.ca
Thu Mar 2 11:54:00 EST 2017

nj69 wrote

*
*

> I am using CentOS 7 with Redhat Enterprise Webserver Httpd 2.1 which is a
> Apache HTTP Server 2.1.0
>
> I have installed shibboleth sp from centos repo:
>
> [root at NO2516LV8-1 logs]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/security\:shibboleth.repo
> [security_shibboleth]
> name=Shibboleth (CentOS_7)
> type=rpm-md
> baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/shibboleth/CentOS_7/
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/security:/shibboleth/CentOS_7//repodata/repomd.xml.key
> enabled=1
>
>>>It is working for as well now.  Note to any others experiencing this to
check which repo the binaries are actually getting pulled from.  I disabled
all repos on the yum command line and enabled just the Shibboleth cent os 7
repo and the binaries were still pulled from an incorrect repository.  I
manually (dis)enabled within each repo to isolate the correct one and that
worked.

> What exactly you have do to pull from correct repo? Please let me know the
> commands step by step.
>

> Regards:
> NJ

The number appended to the mod_shib_xx.so lib seems to need to match the
version of apache. So in my case the error was loading mod_shib_22.so when I
was running apache 2.4. Is it possible to upgrade your Apache version to
version 2.4?

To isolate the correct repository the --desablerepo/--enablerepo yum command
line options didn't work for me.  Not sure why. But in any case I went
through each installed repo in /etc/yum.repos.d and set the "enabled" field
to 0 in all .repo files except for the security:shibboleth.repo where it
remains enabled as you have above.