Shibboleth authentication for Redmine, Jenkins, Git, SVN

Schmidt, Annabel annabel.schmidt at hm.edu
Wed Jun 28 11:21:43 EDT 2017

Dear Shibboleth users,

we're thinking about switching from LDAP to Shibboleth authentication for our hosted services Redmine, Jenkins, Git, SVN.

Google only came up with a few solutions for Jenkins plugins, which are pretty "young" (Release < 1.x).
And one paper about Shibboleth with Subversion (dated 2007).
After hours of research, nothing seems to be really suitable.

Can you suggest a way to achieve our task?

Or would you recommend to stay with LDAP?

We already have the Shibboleth IdP setup and in use for years, but not for authenticating Redmine, Jenkins, Git, SVN.

I would highly appreciate, if you could tell me, which of the above services you are using with Shibboleth in production and how you built a secure, reliable (Redmine, Jenkins, Git, SVN Updates) environment.

Best regards and big thanks for any help in advance

Annabel Schmidt
--
Annabel Schmidt - Fakultät 07 / Informatik und Mathematik
Hochschule München / Munich University of Applied Sciences