Help setting NameID

Adam von Nieda adam at vonnieda.org
Fri Jun 9 09:49:58 EDT 2017

   Thanks Scott.  I’m on Linux / Apache, Shibboleth 2.6

   So in the transaction.log, I see the following

.. at (ClientAddress: 10.9.231.220) with (NameIdentifier: AvonNieda)

and I need the value of NameIdentifier (AvonNieda) to be set as REMOTE_USER. Should it be as simple as changing the following in shibboleth2.xml

REMOTE_USER="eppn persistent-id targeted-id"
REMOTE_USER="NameIdentifier"

   or is there something more that needs to happen? Do I need to set that up in the attribute-map.xml as well?  I’ve tried a few things and clearly I’m getting it wrong, because REMOTE_USER is not getting set.

   Thanks,

      -Adam

--
Adam von Nieda