Tableau SSO integration

privas pedro.rivas664 at csuci.edu
Wed Jul 26 13:58:27 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has configured Tableau? I've followed their
instructions
<http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/v10.3/server/en-us/config_saml.htm>   but I'm
getting an error in the Shibboleth logs:

2017-07-26 11:51:17,522 - ERROR
[org.opensaml.security.x509.impl.BasicX509CredentialNameEvaluator:300] -
Credential failed name check:
[subjectName='CN=tableau-test.csuci.edu,OU=Academic and Information
Technology,O=California State University\, Channel Islands,STREET=One
University Drive,L=Camarillo,ST=CA,2.5.4.17=#13053933303132,C=US']
2017-07-26 11:51:17,525 - WARN
[net.shibboleth.idp.profile.impl.WebFlowMessageHandlerAdaptor:202] - Profile
Action WebFlowMessageHandlerAdaptor: Exception handling message
org.opensaml.messaging.handler.MessageHandlerException: Validation of
protocol message signature failed

I've been reading previous posts which mentions the strong possibility of
they key in the SP's metadata is wrong. According to the instructions,
Tableau requires a PEM-encoded x509 certificate and a key without a
passphrase. Tableau will then use both to create the metadata. I created the
certificate request and key with openssl and got it signed by incommon and
once applied Tableau doesn't complain. I'm not sure what I could be doing
wrong.

Thank you for your time.