No unmarshaller registered for document element

Satheesh Kumar satheeshvsbk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 07:09:18 EDT 2017

Hi Team,
  Currently I am working in configuring SHIB IDP V3 with our own SP V 2.6.
  I tried configuring the SP's metadata file in IDP. I have added below
snippets in the metadata-providers.xml file

 metadata-providers.xml:

        <MetadataProvider id="sp-metadata"
xsi:type="FilesystemMetadataProvider"
xmlns="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:metadata"
     xsi:schemaLocation="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:metadata
http://shibboleth.net/schema/idp/shibboleth-metadata.xsd"
     metadataFile="/opt/SHIBIDP3/SHIB_SP_26_metadata_file/spmetadata.xml"/>
(So the IDP refers to local SP metadata file refered this for config-
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/MetadataConfiguration )

After restarting the tomcat, I am getting below errors -

IDP-WARN.LOG:

           2017-07-21 05:44:45,725 - ERROR
[org.opensaml.saml.metadata.resolver.impl.AbstractMetadataResolver:349] -
Metadata Resolver FilesystemMetadataResolver sp-metadata:

*No unmarshaller registered for document element
{urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:native:sp:config}SPConfig*

// ABOVE ERROR

2017-07-21 05:44:45,776 - ERROR
[org.opensaml.saml.metadata.resolver.impl.AbstractReloadingMetadataResolver:343]
- Metadata Resolver FilesystemMetadataResolver sp-metad
ata: Unable to unmarshall metadata
org.opensaml.core.xml.io.UnmarshallingException:
org.opensaml.core.xml.io.UnmarshallingException: No unmarshaller registered
for document element {urn:mace:shibboleth:2
.0:native:sp:config}SPConfig
        at
org.opensaml.saml.metadata.resolver.impl.AbstractMetadataResolver.unmarshallMetadata(AbstractMetadataResolver.java:355)
Caused by: org.opensaml.core.xml.io.UnmarshallingException: No unmarshaller
registered for document element
{urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:native:sp:config}SPConfig
        at
org.opensaml.saml.metadata.resolver.impl.AbstractMetadataResolver.unmarshallMetadata(AbstractMetadataResolver.java:350)
2017-07-21 05:44:45,792 - ERROR
[org.opensaml.saml.metadata.resolver.impl.AbstractReloadingMetadataResolver:294]
- Metadata Resolver FilesystemMetadataResolver sp-metad
ata: Error occurred while attempting to refresh metadata from
'/opt/SHIBIDP3/SHIB_SP_26_metadata_file/spmetadata.xml'
net.shibboleth.utilities.java.support.resolver.ResolverException: Unable to
unmarshall metadata.........

Do I need to configure anything for marshaling the sp-metadata.xml file ??
 or do I miss anything in the configuration. I have also validated my SP's
metadata file, and there is no xml validation errors.

I have also went through all the post in this archive, but nothing helped
me in identifying the issue...

Your solutions/suggestion will help me a lot...thanks in advance...