MetadataProvider

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 12 19:06:14 EDT 2017

On 7/12/17, 6:53 PM, "users on behalf of ls Lidz" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of lslidzgeneve at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm following the process to update metadata via following example - v3.3.0

The example is wrong in a variety of respects that are covered practically on a weekly basis. You don't load metadata blindly from a service with no verification.

> Will the metadata backingFile be updated on IdP startup --- if the metadataURL version changes?

There is no "version" of the URL so I don't know what you're asking exactly.

> Where is the frequency set to check the metadataURL for updates?

There is extensive documentation on all the settings in the wiki.