CAS Ticket storage in v3.3

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 18 13:47:17 EST 2017

On 1/18/17, 1:34 PM, "users on behalf of Andrew Morgan" <users-bounces at shibboleth.net on behalf of morgan at orst.edu> wrote:

>    Are CAS Service Tickets stored differently in v3.3?

Yes, that's an implementation detail, not part of the API. And yes, that means rolling upgrades are never guaranteed to work on a minor upgrade, though often they will.

I don't think we're explicit about that anywhere, need to fix.

Most of the time, it works well enough that a relatively speedy rolling upgrade will be good enough, and I certainly do them, but it isn't officially supported in a minor upgrade. That's about the only upgrade distinction between a patch and a minor.