500 error from main index.jsp in 3.3

Wessel, Keith kwessel at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 6 16:21:45 EST 2017

Hi, all,

Is this a bug or a misconfiguration on my part?

Our security scanner tried hitting /idp, the root of the IdP webapp, and got a 500 error. In itself, not the end of the world since the result would otherwise just be the default text in index.jsp saying no services at that location.

However, it looks like it's a message resolution issue:

Caused by: :  org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: No message found under code 'idp.logo' for locale 'en_US'.

idp.logo isn't defined in my messages/messages.properties (new combined messages that just include my overrides from system messages). But I obviously didn't touch the system messages.properties file, and it's defined in there. Why is index.jsp, which is also the default shipped with 3.3, not finding it?

FWIW, I added idp.logo to my messages.properties as well to see if, perhaps, the code wasn't looking at the system messages but only at mine. No change: still can't find idp.logo.

Thanks,
Keith