mdui:Description from metadata not showing up on Shibboleth 3.3 login page

Matthew Brookover mbrookov at mines.edu
Tue Feb 7 10:47:26 EST 2017

Descriptions and logos for service providers seem to be missing on the Shibboleth 3.3 login page.

I am currently running Shibboleth 3.2.1.  The login page is correctly showing the data in the metadata mdui elements for various sites.

I made a copy of my 3.2.1 install, ran the Shibboleth 3.3 installer over it and started it up.  Almost every thing works, I can log in to SPs, etc, but the various MDUI elements in the SP metadata do not show up on the login page.

I did look at login.vm — rpUIContext.getLogo() and rpUIContext.getServiceDescription() do not seem to be getting populated on Shibboleth 3.3.  Grasping at straws, I set 'idp.authn.rpui = true’ in idp.properties, but that did not seem to help.

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have on how to debug this.

Thanks!

Matt