"Replay detected of message" causes

Nate Klingenstein ndk at sudonym.me
Wed Apr 19 19:00:03 EDT 2017

> I can't imagine how you would even notice, the log should be full of them.

It is squelched right now, but we hear the complaints from users, and
they're much harder to squelch.

> Maybe I don't know what you actually mean here, but there's nothing that would distinguish the ones you're talking about from anybody on campus behaving perfectly normally that I can think of.

I'm not looking to distinguish between possible causes, though
obviously it'd be great to know why this is occurring.  We get both
replays and expirations, from a variety of services, from a variety of
browsers, on a variety of devices.  We only get complaints from users
on devices that are not on campus networks, but that's the only common
factor that I could observe, and I can't reasonably restrict that.

> I really assumed my initial sarcasm was implied, but I realized it wasn't.

Thanks for reading back over it.

I'm ready to fall back on "it's a security feature", but I face
competing implementations that lack that security feature, so like
logout, it's getting harder to explain away.