WebDav with Shibboleth

srikar srikars at vedams.com
Wed Apr 19 02:42:58 EDT 2017

Hi all,
        I am new to Shibboleth. Recently I was able to establish a session
between an IDP and SP which are
running remotely using Shibboleth2 . I want to run WebDav using Shibboleth2
and came across the below link.

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/WebDAV

 I am trying to understand the configuration present in the above link.
Please excuse me if I am asking
wrong questions, since I am a novice in this. I have the following
questions:

1)"IDP must support artifact binding", does that mean we are overriding the
authentication IDP provides and
WebDav server which is present on IDP system will handle artifact
resolution(I mean authentication)?

2On SP we are doing the below configuration in shibboleth2.xml file

<SessionInitiator type="SAML2" id="WebDAVLogin" Location="/WebDAVLogin"
    entityID="https://idp.example.org/idp/shibboleth"
    acsIndex="6" <!-- urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-Artifact -->
    template="bindingTemplate.html"
    outgoingBindings="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-Redirect"
    authnContextClassRef="https://example.org/authenticationContext/myclass"
/>
what does authnContextClassRef do? What should be the link for
authnContextClassRef?

3)Does  WebDav resource has to be on SP while WebDav server is on IDP?

Thanks in advance.

Srikar.