SpelEvaluationException when SP logs in to Shibboleth IDP

Klingenstein, Nate nklingenstein at calstate.edu
Mon Nov 28 19:33:39 EST 2016

You can't get the error you had unless you commented out the LDAP version first. At least I don't see how.

It's filed under "don't do that", but I encountered this exception repeatedly when I was fighting against the supportedPrincipals declared by each validation bean.

Based on that experience, I could imagine multiple ways to trigger this.  They all involve "don't do that", but I found the wiring here to be indecipherable, so I "did" a lot of "that".