Basic questions about IdP 3.3.0

Takeshi NISHIMURA takeshi at nii.ac.jp
Sat Nov 12 00:29:39 EST 2016

> 2016/11/12 10:00、Daisuke Miyakawa <d.miyakawa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The wiki also implies 3.2.1 is NOT a previous stable release.
> So I understand 3.2.1 will NOT have a fix even when security problems
> are reported in the (even near) future.
>
> https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/Home
>
> > The current stable release of the Identity Provider is V3.3.0,
> > and there is no supported previous stable release .
>
> Seems inconsistent. Wiki may be just wrong.

My belief is that 3.2.1 is supported during this month.

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/SecurityAdvisories

Currently there is no 3.2.1 line, but surely "Nov 2016" must be the date of EOL of 3.2.1, not of 3.2.0.

BTW, the color of "3.3.0" may be green, according to previous convention.

I'm willing to update when confirmed.

> The Home page identifies the specific versions recommended at a given point in time

This linked page (SHIB2/Home) now contains no version of Shibboleth IdP V3. If we must follow another link, I prefer to modify this sentence to provide two links.

Sincerely,
Takeshi