IDP redirect SSO page failing

Muthuraman Sethuraman Sethuraman (US - Advisory) muthuraman.sethuraman at pwc.com
Mon May 30 05:52:32 EDT 2016

First time, i am seeing the Stale Request as the HTTP response and the
second time, LDAP bind is failing..
But i checked the username and password the bind admin name and they seems
to be fine.

I am new to Shibboleth..Please help me out in identifying whats going wrong.

2016-05-30 15:16:45,813 - ERROR
[org.opensaml.profile.action.impl.DecodeMessage:73] - Profile Action
DecodeMessage: Unable to decode incoming request
org.opensaml.messaging.decoder.MessageDecodingException: No SAMLRequest or
SAMLResponse query path parameter, invalid SAML 2 HTTP Redirect message
        at
org.opensaml.saml.saml2.binding.decoding.impl.HTTPRedirectDeflateDecoder.doDecode(HTTPRedirectDeflateDecoder.java:73)
2016-05-30 15:16:45,828 - WARN
[org.opensaml.profile.action.impl.LogEvent:76] - An error event occurred
while processing the request: UnableToDecode
2016-05-30 15:18:01,688 - WARN
[net.shibboleth.idp.authn.impl.ValidateUsernamePasswordAgainstLDAP:175] -
Profile Action ValidateUsernamePasswordAgainstLDAP: Login by muthu produced
exception
org.ldaptive.LdapException: javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code
1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906DD, comment: In order to perform this
operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0,
v1772]; remaining name 'DC=idp,DC=yourdomain,DC=com'
        at
org.ldaptive.provider.ProviderUtils.throwOperationException(ProviderUtils.java:77)
Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC:
LdapErr: DSID-0C0906DD, comment: In order to perform this operation a
successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1772]
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3127)

Thanks in advance,
Muthu

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Muthuraman Sethuraman Sethuraman (US -
Advisory) <muthuraman.sethuraman at pwc.com> wrote:

> I am using shibboleth IDP 3.2.1 and while accessing the SP, i get the
> challenge page and on providing the credentials, i see this following
> response
>
> *Web Login Service - Stale Request*
>
> And in the isp-process.log
>
> -------------
> 2016-05-30 14:15:39,981 - INFO
> [net.shibboleth.idp.authn.impl.RemoteUserAuthServlet:193] -
> RemoteUserAuthServlet will process REMOTE_USER, along with attributes []
> and headers []
> 2016-05-30 14:16:24,796 - ERROR
> [org.opensaml.profile.action.impl.DecodeMessage:73] - Profile Action
> DecodeMessage: Unable to decode incoming request
> org.opensaml.messaging.decoder.MessageDecodingException: No SAMLRequest or
> SAMLResponse query path parameter, invalid SAML 2 HTTP Redirect message
>         at
> org.opensaml.saml.saml2.binding.decoding.impl.HTTPRedirectDeflateDecoder.doDecode(HTTPRedirectDeflateDecoder.java:73)
> 2016-05-30 14:16:24,804 - WARN
> [org.opensaml.profile.action.impl.LogEvent:76] - An error event occurred
> while processing the request: UnableToDecode

The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited, and all liability arising therefrom is disclaimed. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.  This communication may come from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP or one of its subsidiaries.