Shibboleth IdP 3.2.1 and Postgres as attribute source and queryTimeout

Michael A Grady mgrady at unicon.net
Mon May 23 16:26:58 EDT 2016

So I'm trying to setup a Postgres relational DB connector, and its JDBC driver does not seem to have the setQueryTimeput implemented. For Shib IdPv2, there was a note:

  "Note to PostgreSQL users
You have to set the "queryTimeout" attribute to "0". This feature is not yet supported by the PostgreSQL JDBC driver and the default value will cause a crash when starting the IdP."

And the docs for IdP v3 RelationalDatabase data connector have that queryTmeout parameter documented, either requiring a duration or milliseconds. But if I try to set 'queryTimeout="0"' for IdPv3, I get the following startup error which seems to indicate it will only accept a duration. Has anyone set up a Postgres attribute source and know the right setting to disable it trying to do a setQueryTimeput?

idp-warn.log

Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)#4fc0a215' of type [net.shibboleth.idp.attribute.resolver.spring.dc.rdbms.impl.RDBMSDataConnectorParser$V2Parser] while setting bean property 'queryTimeout'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#4fc0a215': Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [long]: Factory method 'buildDuration' threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 0

--
Michael A. Grady
IAM Architect, Unicon, Inc.