Shibboleth experience with LibApps by SpringShare ?

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Tue May 17 19:28:53 EDT 2016

Please start a new thread unless you want to contribute to an existing
discussion. Changing the email's subject is not sufficient for that
and this messes up threaded mailers and archivers.

* Corey Scholefield <coreys at uvic.ca> [2016-05-18 01:18]:
> The vendor technical support doesn't seem to have any Shib IDP
> configuration samples to crib from, and I'd like to help a colleague
> translate a standard ARP into claims that an ADFS-based IDP could
> issue to the service.

So this not about Shibboleth software, but integrating some vendor
service with MS-ADFS?

> This should be fairly straight-forward, I think - but the vendor has
> asked that username be released as this format :
>
> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:transient
>
> ...which doesn't sound semantically correct.

So this is not even about MS_ADFS, but about the SAML specification?

At least that one's easy so answer (it's not appropriate), cf. SAML
Core at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/security -- section 8.3.8 (near
the end of the document).

-peter