Shib v3.2.1 cas-protocol authentication to BannerXe

O'Dowd, Josh Josh.O'Dowd at mso.umt.edu
Tue May 17 17:06:58 EDT 2016

For what it’s worth, we found that Banner XE, being a  grails app, uses a CAS security module which has a configurable property,  ‘authenticationAssertionAttribute’. This property represents the name of the incoming request header attribute(from authentication response) to map to XE’s ‘UDC_IDENTIFIER’.  Implementations can set this property to any attribute name representing the user’s unique ID.  In our case, we set the property value to ‘uid’ which is the attribute our IdP releases.

Josh O’Dowd
University of Montana