Customizing Login & Workflow

Nate Klingenstein ndk at sudonym.me
Wed May 11 20:13:22 EDT 2016

> 1) Run './install.sh' to build the IdP on a local server's file system
> 2) Place '/opt/shibboleth-idp/views/' in subversion or Git -- for local UX team to update
> 3)I will the figure a way to deploy this to the IdP servers (independent of the './install.sh' or './build.sh’)

It doesn’t -have- to be independent, but it usually would be.  I’m sorry for repeatedly linking you off to stuff, but section 11 here is about all I can say:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=98306418#IdentityProviderDiscussionTopics(IdPv3)-11.CredentialandConfigurationManagement

Exactly how you go about managing the build and deployment process is heavily environment specific, which is why it’s so hard to make blanket recommendations.  I would look at scripts that others have written for specific management systems(and IMO Docker and Jenkins each count as one) even if you don’t intend to use them.  I think it will be very illustrative.

> can you recommend a working code to emulate?

Nope, but I bet someone can.  You’ll find the interesting stubs in /flows/authn/conditions/, but I haven’t played with them and I don’t know if you can make a direct database call.  It might be possible just from Spring, or you might need to use a custom class.