Subject missing from Response

Doan, Tommy tdoan at smu.edu
Sat Mar 5 17:08:31 EST 2016

I found the IdP v3 documentation on how to disable assertion signing and encryption by relying party ID, and implemented that temporarily for this SP. This is very handy indeed, and seems to be far more straightforward than attempting to decrypt the Response after the fact.
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/RelyingPartyConfiguration
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/SecurityConfiguration

<util:list id="shibboleth.RelyingPartyOverrides">

    <!-- temporarily disable signing and encryption for Blackline sandbox -3/5/2016 -->
    <bean parent="RelyingPartyByName" c:relyingPartyIds="urn:federation:ssosbna.blacklineondemand.com">
       <property name="profileConfigurations">
            <list>
                <bean parent="SAML2.SSO" p:signAssertions="false" p:encryptAssertions="false" />
            </list>
        </property>
    </bean>