testshib sp - please bear with me

Nate Klingenstein ndk at sudonym.me
Fri Mar 4 00:44:12 EST 2016

Prashant,

I haven’t been involved in this work at all other than to explain my historical role and reasoning.  I have no idea what timelines are planned, why it’s broken, or how it’s broken, and I don’t like to risk breaking others’ work.

I did pose a question, which I think will be hard to answer: “valid metadata in whose eyes?”  It’s never been consistent, not even within Shibboleth’s own implementations.

That shouldn’t derail the work at all, but it may have been enough to cause a pause.  I don’t know.

TestShib is a completely volunteer service, though.  It receives no funding from anywhere.  It never really has.

That makes it best-effort at best.  If it is something that you need to see supported, I would suggest writing to the Shibboleth Consortium.

Take care,
Nate.