idp.session.enabled and shibboleth logout?

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Wed Jun 15 13:43:10 EDT 2016

We're currently using a variation of the RemoteUser handler.

I have seen suggestions from IdP v2 to turn off the previousSession handler
if deferring authn to an external SSO.  I believe the equivalent in IdP3
would be setting idp.session.enabled to false.

We're also interested in trying the updated SLO functionality in Idp 3.2.x,
which appears to need session tracking enabled (so it knows which SPs to
logout from).  Presumably that requires the IdP session layer be enabled?

Liam