Consent Form & eduPersonTargetedId

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jun 9 15:14:07 EDT 2016

> If I understood  correctly - it will be better to go with JPAStorage - this will
> take care of both the 'Consent'  and eduPersonTargettedId?

Persistent ID storage is a dedicated piece of code and doesn't use the same code as the JPAStorage plugin. You can use the same database for both I would assume.

I'm not advocating either. Databases are almost always a single point of failure, and I don't use one with my IdP. The IdP comes with the configuration I advocate. The fact that it doesn't support consent other than per-device is because I value statelessness over virtually every other consideration and think it is the best choice for the majority of sites.