Joining up Shibboleth, AD and ADFS

Dave Perry Dave.Perry at hull-college.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 09:05:53 EDT 2016

Thanks for the thoughts Peter. I appreciate the issues with integrating with ADFS, but we as an organisation are pushing Office 365 so we're stuck with it (IT would not look kindly if I said to bin ADFS). I don't dislike O365, just that it complicates our mix.

I don't have AD admin rights to do the Kerberos integration myself, nor the slightly deeper AD knowledge the documentation steps suggests is required.

If, by 'or by making MS-ADFS a downstream system to the Shib IDP', you are referring to what I asked (user hits shibboleth, if they have no session get them to authenticate to ADFS whether on or off site) then that I think is the thing that will (to my mind) make this goal possible. Documentation on that I have not been able to find thus far.

Dave
Dave Perry
eLearning Technologist, Hull College Group

Room L34 - Queens Gardens Library
Wilberforce Drive, Queen's Gardens, Hull, HU1 3DG
Extension 2230 / Direct Dial 01482 381930

* Need a fast reply? Try elearning at hull-college.ac.uk *