RemoteUser configuration in IdP V 3.2.1

Erik Guss eguss at auth.lib.montana.edu
Fri Jul 8 11:56:59 EDT 2016

A clarification: The RemoteUser is configured in the web.xml, and
functions correctly the first time the SP contacts the IdP (not
including a session Id).
The error log entries I included below are for when the browser has sat
idle for more than the IdP session limit, but still submits the IdP
session id it has in the request. Since that session has expired, no
REMOTE_USER is found. That is when I wish for the IdP to re-run the
login flow from scratch (or some other proper way to allow it to get
back to a login screen.) Thank you.