IdPv3 entityID & SAML 2.0 Questions

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 21 11:58:06 EST 2016

> Would it be best to start by installing IdPv2 on the new server or can I just
> copy to contents of "/opt/shibboleth-idp" from my current IdP server?

Doesn't really matter that much.

Whether you start "clean" or by upgrading is one of those personal questions. I think it's easier to upgrade, test, and gradually modernize settings than to try and recreate everything from scratch to match. I think the latter is very dependent on having a very thorough record and grasp of everything the old system was doing or you'll miss something.