Question for folks that use Shibboleth for their PeopleSoft environments.

Doan, Tommy tdoan at smu.edu
Wed Jan 20 16:41:52 EST 2016

We implemented the current version of Shibboleth SP for our production PeopleSoft environment in November, and we're running PeopleTools 8.53.24. However, at least in our configuration, PeopleSoft isn't really even aware of Shibboleth or SAML. We just integrated the Shib SP with IIS, used Oracle's IIS Proxy to proxy all traffic from IIS to WebLogic, then implemented some changes to the PeopleCode Signon configuration to read the headers.

We considered for a few days attempting Oracle's SAML implementation, but it appeared to be far more difficult to implement and support. As it stands, I don't think we care whether PeopleTools supports SAML.