eliminating warnings for unscoped attributes

Mizushima, Marcus mmizushima at calstate.edu
Wed Jan 20 12:45:34 EST 2016

I believe the Shibboleth SP ships with a PermitValueRule that checks the values for eduPersonAffiliation ("unscoped-affiliation") and will remove values that aren't in the set. Check your attribute-policy.xml file to verify if your SP is using it.

However, the value being asserted by the IdP is "Consultant", which isn't one of the permissible values for eduPersonAffiliation (see https://www.internet2.edu/media/medialibrary/2013/09/04/internet2-mace-dir-eduperson-201203.html#eduPersonAffiliation).

In short, your SP appears to be (correctly) not accepting values outside of the permissible values for eduPersonAffiliation. Tell the IdP to stop it.