Error on signing outbound SAML message

Bogdan Albei bogdan.albei at callsign.com
Wed Jan 6 03:58:33 EST 2016

Hi all,
I am upgrading to Shibboleth 3 and I'm getting the following error just
before the attribute release, meaning that the redirect to the relying
party is not taking place. I'm using shibboleth 3.2.1 and opensaml 3.2.0.

2016-01-05 16:57:53,201 - WARN
[net.shibboleth.idp.profile.impl.WebFlowMessageHandlerAdaptor:182] -
Profile Action WebFlowMessageHandlerAdaptor: Exception handling message
org.opensaml.messaging.handler.MessageHandlerException: Error signing
outbound protocol message
at
org.opensaml.saml.common.binding.security.impl.SAMLOutboundProtocolMessageSigningHandler.doInvoke(SAMLOutboundProtocolMessageSigningHandler.java:81)
at
org.opensaml.messaging.handler.AbstractMessageHandler.invoke(AbstractMessageHandler.java:95)
Caused by: org.opensaml.core.xml.io.MarshallingException: Unable to root
namespaces of cached DOM element, {
http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#}EncryptionMethod
at
org.opensaml.core.xml.io.AbstractXMLObjectMarshaller.prepareForAdoption(AbstractXMLObjectMarshaller.java:427)
at
org.opensaml.core.xml.io.AbstractXMLObjectMarshaller.marshall(AbstractXMLObjectMarshaller.java:144)
Caused by: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: Unable to resolve namespace prefix ds
found on element {http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#}DigestMethod
at
net.shibboleth.utilities.java.support.xml.NamespaceSupport.rootNamespaces(NamespaceSupport.java:247)
at
net.shibboleth.utilities.java.support.xml.NamespaceSupport.rootNamespaces(NamespaceSupport.java:295)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Bogdan Albei