off-topic help for Office 365

Matthew Slowe M.Slowe at kent.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 16:33:31 EST 2016

If you're doing ECP as well then the certificate you have on the HTTPS ECP endpoint needs to be trusted *and* has to match the certificate in your configured - therefore the certificate you use in the SAML assertion has to be a signed one (which then expires...)

I've written a few blog posts on the subject which may be of use:

http://blogs.kent.ac.uk/unseenit/office365-and-shibboleth/
http://blogs.kent.ac.uk/unseenit/simple-shibboleth-ecp-test/
http://blogs.kent.ac.uk/unseenit/how-we-do-office365-authentication/

And more recently when our signing certificate really did come up for renewal...
http://blogs.kent.ac.uk/unseenit/updating-trust-fabric-certificate-between-shibboleth-and-office365/

Hope they're useful!
Matthew

Sent from my mobile device.