Novell/NetIQ IDM and Shibboleth

Dave Perry Dave.Perry at hull-college.ac.uk
Mon Feb 15 10:28:27 EST 2016

We have had Identity Manager for years, to sit between our MIS system (QL) and AD. We still have some Novell servers left (mainly shared drives), and some SLES VMs (including our retired and live IdPs) but gradually the non-SLES servers are being phased out in favour of ADFS for storage.

Our Shibboleth IdP now talks exclusively to one of two AD controls (I have 2 setup in the config). As does moodle and all our other web servers that use network authentication.

We also have SSPR, integrated into our desktop build as well as via an externally-available web page.

HTH,
Dave

Dave Perry
eLearning Technologist, Hull College Group

Room L34 - Queens Gardens Library
Wilberforce Drive, Queen's Gardens, Hull, HU1 3DG
Extension 2230 / Direct Dial 01482 381930

* Need a fast reply? Try elearning at hull-college.ac.uk<mailto:elearning at hull-college.ac.uk> *