Automating the generation of IdP metadata

Rod Widdowson rdw at steadingsoftware.com
Sat Feb 13 09:05:29 EST 2016

> ... so I now drop my customized files in idp.src/conf, then run
install.bat which
> copies them over to idp.dst (which doesn't exist and is created in my case
- this
> isn't an upgrade)

That makes sense.

> I wipe out idp.dst because this is for continuous integration builds and
anything
> could have changed in the configuration, so I do need to regenerate a
fresh
> install.

That too.

One other thing which you have probably spotted given that you are merging
in your own properties: Do not forget that pretty much everything which is
loaded via  service (so, most of the configuration) has the locations
indirected through a property (defined in services.properties), so if you
want to add config files but do not want to edit excel you just need to
define different beans and override the property (via the jetty propert
services.merge.properties).

Rod