IdP2 to IdP3

David Gersic dgersic at niu.edu
Wed Feb 10 14:41:12 EST 2016

As I understand the documentation and recommendations, this is exactly what you should not do. You should pick one of:

1. Upgrade. That means you copy over your existing IdPv2, then upgrade it in place to IdPv3.

2. New install. Build a new IdPv3 from scratch. Then replace your IdPv2 with IdPv3 in whatever federations you're a member of.

Which is "better" is a matter for debate, I guess.