CAS in IdP v3

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 4 11:46:56 EST 2016

> No. Jetty actually provides a flag to disable the servlet-specified behavior.

Ok, my mistake. I hadn't read the bug yet, but I added a comment there. If nothing else, I don't think a whitelist is impossible as a stop gap, and would work fine for our case.

> What I can say about Jetty is that they are reasonably receptive to thoughtful
> feature requests. That's worth something IMO.

I thought originally you were saying they had a bug, and Tomcat didn't. I have generally been much happier with Jetty, and mainly that's because its developers aren't unpleasant to deal with and defensive about bugs.

But the 9.3 thing left a bad taste, I admit. I have a hard time accepting the haphazard way software other than ours approaches versioning and change.